‘Health Certified’ whole-body-cryo-therapy / stimulation solution!
- #1 What is Whole Body Cryotherapy and Whole Body Cryo Stimulation?
- #2 Is there any difference between Whole Body Cryotherapy and Whole Body Cryo Stimulation?
#1 What is Whole Body Cryotherapy and Whole Body Cryo Stimulation?
Whole-Body -Cryotherapy (WBC-T) or Whole-Body-Cryo-Stimulation (WBC-S) is a non-invasive treatment.
During such a treatment session, short bursts of extreme cold are given to the outer surface of your body to stimulate physiological reactions.
Treatment brings a variety of benefits, including:
- Improved general feeling of well-being
- Relief of chronic pain
- Prevention of ageing
- Cellulite reduction
- Helping to recover from various injuries and ailments
- Enhancing sleep quality
- Relief of stress
If you want to know more about the benefits of Whole-body-cryotherapy and Whole-body-stimulation treatments, keep reading.
#2 Is there any difference between Whole Body Cryotherapy and Whole Body Cryo Stimulation?
Sure, there is! With each WBC-T session, the aim is to have a positive effect on the healing process of an individual (patient) with a specific condition.
However, the aim of a WBC-S session is to create a supportive effect for a specific condition of an individual (athlete or client), without aiming for such a healing effect.
Short bursts of extreme cold are given to the outer surface of your body. No wonder that many questions arise not only on the safety aspect of such a treatment, but also on the ‘effect’ of such a treatment. And with the knowledge that WBC-T&S became quite popular in Europe and US, the discussion on those questions is an ongoing process.
The FDA* in North America posted on their website; Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC): A “Cool” Trend that Lacks Evidence, Poses Risks. It states:
Potential hazards include asphyxiation, especially when liquid nitrogen is used for cooling.
The addition of nitrogen vapors to a closed room lowers the amount of oxygen in the room and can result in hypoxia, or oxygen deficiency, which could lead the user to lose consciousness. Moreover, subjects run the risk of frostbite, burns, and eye injury from the extreme temperatures.
* The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for protecting the public health by ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of human and veterinary drugs, biological products, and medical devices; and by ensuring the safety of our nation’s food supply, cosmetics, and products that emit radiation.
And in Europe the research group of Romain Bouzigon published an article (Ref. 1) that summarizes not only the current ‘evidence based’ benefits of WBC-T and WBC-S, but also on many of the safety aspects in relation to this treatment:
That it is imperative
- to develop a safe device for the patient, client or athlete.
- With regards to the safety of these technologies the certification of medical devices seems inevitable.
It is clear that there is a big concern on the use of WBC-T and WBC-S and that there is a great need of a ‘Health Certified’ WBC-T and WBC-S Solution!
Well, let us introduce you PolarFit® Care! Based upon its innovative 5-step method it developed a safe, unique and the only customized whole-body-cryo-therapy and whole-body-cryo-stimulation solution in the market.
Possessing a large cryotherapy library, a critical appraisal of all WBC-T and WBC-S related articles was performed, resulting in different domains of applications.
- A new and innovative ‘dose factor’ was developed to make sure that the relation between temperature duration and used technology is optimized.
- Based upon a PolarFit® Care method Broede et al., (Ref. 2) this treatment dose is then counterbalanced for each individual based upon its own characteristics such as height, weight, age.. All personal factors that have an impact on the outcome of WBC-T and WBC-S.
- And last but not least, validation of all treatment doses which was performed by ProCcare. This last to make sure that the optimal and safe(!) treatment temperatures and duration are used at all times.
PolarFit® Care has been shown to work across a wide range of applications:
And to optimize practical application in relation to safety, comfort and result of each treatment session, PolarFit® Care additionally developed its 5-step solution.
After a very careful and thoroughly taken ‘Intake Interview’ by the PolarFit® Care certified practitioner, and combined with a neutral ‘Intake Session’, the patient, athlete or client receives a complete individualized ‘Treatment Programme’, this cycle meets his specific purposes. And to make sure that future treatment sessions are optimized even further, each treatment session is monitored.
No wonder that PolarFit® Care is the only Whole-body-cryotherapy and Whole-body-stimulation Solution to receive the European Health Certificate.
Ref nº. 1. Whole and partial-body cryostimulation/therapy: Current technologies and practical applications. Romain Bouzigon et al. – Journal of Thermal Biology, 2016.
Ref n°. 2 – Impact of personal characteristics on whole body cryostimulation settings: a numerical simulation study using the FPC model In: Cryogenics IIR International Conference <14, 2017, Dresden. Broede, P.; Fiala, D.; Viroux, P.; Tiemessen, I.; Trembley, J. P.
PolarFit® Care publications
19 / 12 / 18 - Why choosing a safe cryotherapy solution is so important Read more →
20 / 02 / 18 - The impact of whole body cryotherapy on core and muscle temperature Read more →
29 / 01 / 18 - The effect of whole body cryotherapy on skin temperature Read more →